Rugged Rocket Soup
Try this delicious winning recipe from the students of Coláiste Ghobnait on the island of Inisheer who were crowned ‘Grow To CEO’ 2018 champions by Irish soup connoisseurs Cully & Sully.
- 1 Potato
- 1 Onion
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 1 Leek
- 100g Rocket
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Litre Stock (Organic vegetable stock cube)
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel and chop onion, wash and prepare leek, celery and potato.
- Make 1 1/2 litres of stock
- Heat the oil in a pot and sauté onions, leek, celery and potatoe for 8-10 minutes
- Add stock and simmer for approx 10 minutes
- Add rocket and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Season to tast.
- Liquidise soup to a smooth consistency.
- Serve hot and garnish with rocket and Aran Goats cheese (optional)
Serve with toasted brown bread