Wondering what to have to fuel a day full of workouts and serious concentrating? Well, Roz Purcell is in the know and has created a vibrant bowl of goodness to boost your morning and your performance!
- 40g oats
- 1 small raw beet peeled and grated
- 1-inch ginger peeled and grated
- 200-300ml of unsweetened almond milk (depending on how stodgy or runny you like your morning bowl of oats)
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 30g toasted walnuts
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- 2 squares dark chocolate chopped up or try Dr. Coy’s chocolate here!
- In a small saucepan over a medium to high heat add the oats, grated beetroot, ginger and milk. It will turn pink but don’t worry it’s meant to.
- Stir constantly until the oats begin to cook and bulk up into a creamy consistency. Add more milk if you like it runny or if you’re like me and you love it stodgy opt for the lesser serving of milk. Once the oats have reached you’re eating preference remove from the heat and stir in the honey or maple and cinnamon.
- Lastly top off with walnuts, blueberries and dark chocolate.