From time management to colour coordinating , Zoe Chohan is on hand to help your bridesmaid dress shopping run smoothly
Words by Zoe Chohan.
- If you are colour coordinating your ladies, choose a shade that is not too bold and not to pastel, soft colours generally work for most skin tones as well as hair colours.
2. A long style dress is traditionally very popular. The full-length style works well for a formal theme. However, the midi length is a nice break from the tradition.
3. When it comes to sleeves or no sleeve, always err on the side of comfort. Bear in mind, adding a sleeve is something that can be altered to most dresses.
4. If you want the designer look but don’t have a budget, rental is another option that is becoming increasingly popular…and it’s sustainable too.
5. Give yourself sufficient time to shop, fit and seal the deal. You have more than one lady to dress, more than one personality, more than one body shape and generally more than one location to coordinate everyone from. Factoring in enough time for all of the above as well as mind changes and alterations means less last-minute frenzies.