This recipe is ideal for weekday lunch boxes, speedy dinners, or even to take along to picnics when the weather permits! Created by The Food Medic, this dish makes a delicious appetiser for any occasion, with the bonus option of adding any extra vegetables you fancy, like broccoli or asparagus. This one-pot recipe has minimum clean-up, meaning more time for you to savor and enjoy! Be sure to tag us online and post your reactions!
- 200g of penne pasta (or pasta of choice)
- handful of frozen peas
(For the pesto)
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp of cashew nuts
- 60ml olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt and pepper to season
- To make the pesto – blitz the cashews first in a blender until chunky texture is achieved (not powder/flour consistency).
- Add all the remaining pesto ingredients to the blender and whizz until the desired texture is achieved. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions (usually 8-10 mins) and add the frozen peas in for the last 4 minutes. Drain the pasta and peas and stir the pesto through.
- Serve with a little grating of nutritional yeast on the top, (optional).