By Megan-Josephine Reynolds
Attention all those throwing spooktacular Halloween parties this year, or those hosting something chill with friends!
We’ve got the perfect cocktails for you to whip up, sure to impress even the ghouliest of guests. Whether your preference is a cocktail or a mocktail, we’ve got you covered with our recipes below.
This gorgeous green cocktail by BBC Good Food will get you right in the Halloween spirit, and is perfect for those with a bit of a sweet tooth.
- 25ml crème de menthe
- 25ml white crème de cacao
- 25ml single cream
- Mint sprig
- 25g melted chocolate
- Start by making the garnish. Take a sprig of mint, strip off the leaves at the base and dip the stalk in the melted chocolate, holding the upper leaves gently. Leave to set on a plate or tray.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then pour in the liqueurs and cream. Shake hard until the outside of the cocktail shaker is cold, then strain into a cocktail glass or small coupe.
- Garnish with the chocolate-dipped sprig of mint.
@join_jules Somethings brewing.. Welcome to #31daysofhalloween cocktail edition • Day 1 Poison Apple-tini #tiktokhalloween #october #cocktail ♬ Mary Poppins Winds In The East – Pizza_Planet_Dave
Take inspiration from TikTok user @join_jules with this Poison Apple inspired martini.
- 2 oz Apple Whiskey
- 1 oz Sour Apple Pucker or Apple Sourz
- 1.5 oz cranberry juice
- Dry ice
- Chill the martini glass in the freezer for around 30 minutes to give it an opaque, frosty sheen.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then add the Apple Whiskey, Apple Sourz and cranberry juice.
- Shake hard until the outside is cold, then strain into your frosted martini glass.
- Add a small piece of dry ice to achieve the smoke effect – but remember not to consume until the dry ice has evaporated!
Hocus Pocus Fizz
Pay homage to the three Sanderson sisters with this delightful sparkling cocktail by Pinterest user Red Wine Dragons.
- 1 1/2 oz Rum 1 1/2 oz Cranberry Juice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz Orange Juice
- Orange Zest
- Orange twist
- Start off by dipping the rim of your martini glass in a little bit of chilled simple syrup. Dip it very lightly. Now dip the rim of the same glass into some orange sanding sugar. Set this aside on the counter or in the freezer to set.
- In a shaker or mixing glass, add ice and combine cranberry juice, orange juice, simple syrup, orange zest, and rum in a cocktail shaker. Cover and shake until thoroughly chilled through.
- Strain the mixture into your orange sugar rimmed cocktail glass
- Top off with chilled Prosecco or sparkling wine and garnish with an orange twist.
Inspired by the iconic Disney villain, this iridescent cocktail by The Soccer Mom Blog can also be made alcohol-free.
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 2 oz raspberry liqueur
- 2 oz Sprite
- 1 tsp. silver cake shimmer
- 1 drop purple gel food colouring
(To make the punch non-alcoholic, replace the raspberry liqueur with grenadine and add extra Sprite in place of vodka).
- Combine your liquors, silver cake shimmer dust, food coloring, and lime juice in a large cocktail shaker.
- Shake for about 5 seconds to mix
- Pour into a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Top with Sprite or similar lemon-lime soda.