Show off your skills in the kitchen this Valentine’s Day by cooking a delicious homemade meal using the below pizza recipe from Aldi. We’re all going to be at home this February 14th, so what better way to celebrate than showing off your culinary capabilities to your other half! From cocktails to cookies, Aldi has all the ingredients you’ll need for a Valentine’s feast.
Valentine’s Day Heart Pizza
Serves: 2 people
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 760g The Pantry Strong White Plain Flour
- 2 x 7g sachets The Pantry Dried Yeast
- 2 tsp Stonemill Salt
- 2 tsp The Pantry Caster Sugar
- 40ml Solesta Olive Oil
- 500ml Warm Water
- Cucina Passata
- ½ Nature’s Pick Red Pepper
- 210g Specially Selected Irish Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese
- 40g Deli Continental Serrano Ham
- 10g The Deli Black Olives
- Stonemill Sea Salt and Stonemill Black Pepper
- A few fresh Nature’s Pick Basil Leaves to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven at 200°C
- Put the flour, salt, caster sugar and dried yeast into a large bowl and whisk well. Add warm water and olive oil and mix.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured board and knead until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Cut the dough into 2 pieces, roll out and shape into love hearts.
- Put onto greased baking sheets.
- Drain the mozzarella cheese and slice. Slice the red pepper, discarding any seeds.
- Gently spread over the passata. Top with the sliced mozzarella cheese, red pepper, Serrano ham and the black olives
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 200°C until the base is crisp around the edges and the mozzarella has melted
- Serve topped with the basil leaves
Not to worry if you have not mastered the art of baking over the last year, why not serve up Aldi’s Pizza Sorrento Fresh Pizza Bases €2.99/360g. Simply prepare your pizza base with the passata and toppings, pre heat your oven to gas 280°C and cook for 12 minutes or electric 250°C and cook for 8 minutes. It’s that easy!