The PoppySeed cookbook, Season by Season, takes us through the year one season at a time. PoppySeed Cafés, located in Clarinbridge and Oranmore, are dynamic cafés designed and operated by four women bound as family and friends, through work and food. To find out how to recreate their delicious sweet potato shepherd’s pie, just keep on reading!
What you’ll need…
- 150g chocolate digestive biscuits
- 50g butter, melted
- 140g cream cheese
- 140g ricotta cheese
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 leaves gelatine
- 250ml cream, lightly whipped
- 6 basil leaves
- 6 mint leaves
- 50ml water
- Crumb the biscuits until fine, add the melted butter and mix thoroughly. Cover the base of an 8” tin with the biscuit mix and evenly smooth out using the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to set.
- Pour 50ml of water into a small saucepan and add the gelatine. Leave to soften and then place onto a gentle heat to dissolve the gelatine completely. Finely shred the basil and mint leaves before adding to the gelatine. Cream the cheeses and sugar together until smooth, gradually whisking in the melted gelatine.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the cream into the cheese and sugar taking care to combine all the ingredients thoroughly. Pour the mix into a tin and place in the fridge to set, preferably overnight. Serve with fresh berries.
If you try this out at home, be sure to #GALWAYnow in your mouthwatering recreations!