Check out Donal’s twist on the Sunday roast.
‘Roast’ Chicken Dinner
PREPARATION: 45 min | SERVES 4
‘All the flavour of a full Sunday roast, but in a speedy one-pan supper.’
1 tsp olive oil
8 skin-on chicken thighs
finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus a squeeze of juice
3 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
300g baby new potatoes, halved
200g baby carrots, halved lengthways
250ml chicken stock
2 tsp Dijon mustard
160g kale, tough stems removed and leaves shredded
handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large deep sauté pan over a medium heat.
- Season the chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper and place skin-side down in the pan with the lemon zest, thyme and potatoes.
- Allow the chicken thighs and potatoes to cook without moving for 10–15 minutes, or until the chicken skin turns crisp and a deep golden brown colour. Turn the chicken and potatoes, add the carrots and cook for 2–3 minutes until the carrots are starting to become tender.
- Combine the chicken stock and mustard, then add to the pan. Bring to a simmer, then add the kale. Season, cover and cook for 10 minutes more until the chicken is cooked all the way through, the potatoes and carrots are tender and the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Serve straight to the table with a good squeeze of lemon juice and a generous sprinkling of parsley.
“Super Food in Minutes”, Donal Skehan
Easy delicious recipes in less than 30 minutes!