America Village is launching a Create Your Own Cocktail kit! Their ‘Craft Your Own Bitters’ and ‘Craft Your Own Gin’ Gift Boxes will launch this November, allowing you can bring your taste buds to life and reinvent the way you create your drink fusions at home.
America Village Apothecary in Galway’s West End create craft beverages by making unique syrups, elixirs, tinctures and bitters. Using unique locally foraged flavours and carefully sourced ingredients, owner Claire Davey and her team pick and source plants, petals, fruits and barks when in season and when at their most potent.
Here are some recipes to put your kits to good use:
Connemara Gin & Tonic
- Pour 35ml of Gin and 25ml of tonic syrup into a glass.
- Top with either sparkling or soda water
- Add ice and garnish with a sprig of Bog Myrtle.
- 50ml Gin; 10ml of runny honey; 5ml water; 15ml fresh lemon juice.
- Stir the honey into the water until dissolved to make a syrup.
- Pour into a cocktail shaker with the gin, lemon juice and a couple of ice cubes.
- Shake and strain into a cocktail glass.
The kits (alcohol not included) are €35 and will be available to purchase at America Village online or in their Tasting Room at 31 Dominick Street.