This is a perfect quick and easy one pot wonder dish, whilst taking advantage of wild mushrooms which are now in season! Ideal for a get together with a nice glass of chilled white wine. Serves 4.
4 chicken supreme or fillets
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 small onions finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
150g wild edible mushrooms
or mushrooms of choice, sliced.
200g long grain rice, washed.
600ml hot chicken stock
4 fresh thyme sprigs
Salt/ pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan oven/ Gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron dish and place the chicken fillets skin side down first and sauté until slightly golden on both sides. Do not fully cook, just seal and place on a tray until required.
- In the same pan, add the onions, garlic, mushrooms and thyme and sauté until soft over a low heat.
- Add in the washed rice and stir for one more minute.
- Pour the chicken stock on top of the rice and stir once. season to taste.
- Place the chicken, skin side up on top of the rice and cover with a lid.
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy!
See more from Maria MacNeela on her website rusticgrub.ie