Here we are sharing a Galway Bay Lobster and prawn dish that is sure to brighten up your Summer days. This is just one of the delicious meals from our Basilico restaurant feature which you can find in our Summer Issue on shelves now.
Galway Bay Lobster and Prawn Tagliatelle with sweet cherry tomato and chilli sauce
600g of fresh tagliatelle Pasta
2 whole lobsters
300g peeled prawns
200g vine cherry tomatoes cut in half
300g tomato passata
10g chopped fresh chilli
10g chopped fresh garlic
50ml olive oil
salt & pepper
100ml fish stock
100g garlic and herb butter
50g chopped fresh flat parsley to serve
- If you are buying live lobsters, cook them first in boiling water for 5/6 minutes and chill in ice water (if you’re using frozen lobster, you can skip this step).
- When the Lobsters are cold, cut them in half and devein, then spread over the garlic butter and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- To prepare the pasta sauce, place olive oil in a hot large pan and fry the prawns with garlic, chilli for 1 minute.
- Add the fish stock, passata sauce, cherry tomatoes and some seasoning, gently cook for 2/3 minutes and set aside.
- Heat the oven at 200C Fan and then warm up the Lobsters for 5-6 minutes and keep them Warm.
- Cook the Pasta in Salted Boiling Water (follow packet instructions) and then finish cooking the pasta in the prawn sauce for 30 seconds (you can add some of the cooking water if the sauce is too thick to loosen).
- Plate on the side of a warm plate and serve with half lobster and a sprinkle of chopped parsley and olive oil.
Follow Basilcio on Instagram @basilicorestaurant_ and read the full feature in our Summer issue which is on shelves now!