Everyone loves summer, especially the little ones! For them, it means ice cream, sandcastles and paddling pools. However, extreme caution should be taken with children’s skin in the summertime or when visiting warm countries.
Here we have 6 top tips that all parents should follow to ensure they don’t put their children at risk during sunny weather:
- Keep babies younger than six months of age out of direct sunlight as much as possible.
- Wear long sleeve tops and trousers if possible.
- Use a sunshade on your buggy when out and about.
- Always use a sun hat to protect the face, ears and neck.
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before going out in the sun and reapply it generously every couple of hours.
- Try to keep children out of the sun between the hours of 11 am and 3 pm when UV rays are at their strongest.